Ending the orphan crisis by helping children and families BLOOM
Be Love! Orphan Outreach Missions (BLOOM) serves orphans and vulnerable children worldwide holistically with programs that address their spiritual, emotional, physical and educational needs. Through social, nutrition and education programs, we come alongside these children and their communities as partners so they may be empowered to break the yoke of generational poverty.
BLOOM seeks to serve orphans by providing programs designed to expose them to the love and knowledge of Jesus so they can become disciples themselves, as well as influential Christian leaders in their countries when they reach adulthood.
Who We Are & What We Do
Serving orphans and vulnerable children through education sponsorships, sustainable community empowerment and family preservation projects to END the orphan crisis.
Did You Know?
- Close to 60% of Uganda’s population are children below the age of 18 years old. Uganda has a total population of 31.7 million people, 17.1 million are children.
- In Uganda about 81 children are orphaned every day, that’s about one every 20 minutes. Currently, at least one in every four households in Uganda has an orphan.
- 15% of all children (2.90 million children) One third of these kids have been orphaned, or their parents are terminally ill due to HIV/AIDS have been orphaned — nearly half due to HIV / AIDS.
- Over half of Uganda’s children (8.1 million children – 51%) are either critically or moderately vulnerable, while 63% live with caregivers other than their biological parents.
- Every 30 minutes, an in orphan in Uganda ages out of the system, entering the world without a family, source of income and, in most cases, without enough education to gain employment.