Reaching out to orphans.....
and helping them BLOOM!
Who We Are
BLOOM serves orphans and vulnerable children through:
sustainable community empowerment
and family preservation projects
to END the orphan crisis.
What We Do
Did You Know?
- Close to 60% of Uganda’s population are children below the age of 18 years old.
- Uganda has a total population of 31.7 million people and 17.1 million are children.
- In Uganda about 81 children are orphaned every day. That’s about one child every 20 minutes!
- Currently, at least one in every four households in Uganda has an orphan.
- 15% of all children in Uganda (2.6 million) are orphans. One third of these children have been orphaned (or their parents are terminally ill) due to HIV/AIDS.
- Over half of Uganda’s children (8.1 million children – 51%) are either critically or moderately vulnerable, while 63% live with caregivers other than their biological parents.
- Every 30 minutes, an orphan in Uganda ages out of the system, entering the world without a family, source of income and, in most cases, without enough education to gain employment.