We have over 300 children in need of sponsorship in Uganda, and only 48 are currently sponsored. Will you "be love" for these children and help them to not only survive, but thrive?
Here's what sponsorship means for the child:
- Safe shelter with a foster family or in a Christian boarding school
- 3 meals per day
- All medical costs covered
- Basic hygiene costs covered (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.)
- School tuition paid
- School supplies paid
- School uniform and shoes paid
- Weekend clothing and shoes paid
- A bed, mattress, and blankets
- Christian spiritual mentorship
- HOPE for a bright future!
Here's what sponsorship means for you:
- Opportunity to connect with the heart of a child through exchange of photos and letters via our staff
- Information on your child (name, age, brief personal history)
- An updated photo of your child 1-2 times per year
- Personal letter and grade report from your child 1-2 times per year
- The joy of knowing you have literally changed the life of an orphaned child for the better!
Sponsor a child today and help END the orphan crisis!
BLOOM’s partnerships in Uganda support orphaned children’s education in private, Christian boarding schools. Other organizations have sponsorship programs that may cost less, but this is because the children are often attending local schools while participating in those other organization’s programs. Oftentimes, in these programs, tuition and fees are either free or are already covered/subsidized by government and various other resources, so sponsoring their education is more about covering their school supplies and uniforms. Our programs are unique because our children are part of a HOLISTIC educational program that holds a higher quality standard that, while registered with the government, is monitored and evaluated privately. It’s more than just school tuition. It’s consistency knowing teachers will show up daily for their students (unlike in public school, where the government doesn’t always pay teachers on time so they aren’t always motivated to show up). It’s safe shelter through high quality dorms and monitored foster care programs. It’s spiritual mentorship through a Christian education model. It’s making sure children are kept healthy physically and mentally. When sponsoring a child through BLOOM, you ensure that every aspect of the child’s life and well-being is considered in their 5 Pillars to Thrive care plan.
Sponsorship funds are directly applied to supporting your child. This covers:
- 3 nutritious meals per day
- Weekend clothing and shoes
- School uniform and shoes
- School supplies and books
- School tuition
- Safe shelter
- Clean drinking water
- Basic medical care
- A bed with a mattress and blanket
- Hygiene supplies
- Christian mentorship
As a sponsor, you and your family will have an opportunity to connect with the heart of a child overseas. BLOOM will provide:
- Photos and letters from your sponsored child 1-2 times per year. (Some children may be able to send updates more frequently, but this is not a guarantee.)
- Ability to electronically send photos and letters to your sponsored child 1-2 times per year. Our program coordinators in Uganda print and take your updates to the children when they collect updates from the children for you.
- Periodic updates highlighting the impact of your sponsorship and our community projects for your child.
Once you have been matched with a child, our partners in Uganda will upload your child’s photos, grade reports and letters to your portal several times per year. You are welcome to upload your own hand written letters and family photos to your portal for our partners in Uganda to review (to ensure the child’s protection and to avoid cultural taboos) and then print and distribute them to your sponsored child. We will make every effort to facilitate correspondence between you and your child several times per year when possible. However, sometimes due to the rural areas and limited staff resources, we may only be able to facilitate this 2-3 times per year. A teacher or staff member will assist younger children who cannot yet read or write.
Specific amounts for child sponsorship are actual costs based on field needs communicated by our partners. This varies by location, program and shelter type. Children who are sponsored at Side by Side School in Rakai or Kampala and live in the boarding school require $88/month because of the extremely high quality schooling facilities, especially the dorms. Children sponsored at Side by Side who live with a foster family in the community require $55/month. Children sponsored at the Dove school in Mukono will live in the dorms or with a foster family for $55/month.
You can sponsor a child for as long as you want or are able. We do encourage long-term sponsorships so that each child can go through at least secondary school, giving them the best chance at finding a job and supporting themselves later in life. However, if you stick with your child past secondary school, we can make special arrangements to send your child to a trade school or university with your sponsorship. (Please note that this may change the sponsorship cost.)
Each holiday season we will launch a fundraiser that will benefit all participating children in our programs. These fundraisers will not necessarily be earmarked for specific children or families as we do not want any child feeling left out if their sponsor is not able to provide a Christmas gift. Rather, our Christmas fundraiser will contribute to the community as a whole. These gifts will range from small toys and shoes/clothing for the children, to community livestock or food gifts, or any other specifically named need by our partners at that time.
At this time we do not have a plan for mission trips that involve visiting your sponsored child. However, if you plan to travel to your sponsored child's country and wish to visit them we may be able to make that arrangement. Please contact us at: [email protected] and someone will get back to you!
BLOOM will issue you an automatic electronic receipt for your donation. (Be sure to check your junk/spam folder.) We recommend you present this receipt to your tax professional in order to determine tax write-off eligibility. BLOOM is a 501c3 organization, and our EIN is 45-4292119.